GOAL AREA 2: Advocacy
To promote policies, practices, and procedures that support literacy
1. Join statewide government relations and legislative action networks to communicate with state/federal representatives and NYSRA council members
2. Provide political action training for NYSRA membership
3. Prepare legislative action initiatives to respond to newly introduced, literacy related initiatives in
4. Maintain Connection with State Education Department.
5. Maintain contact with NYS English Council and NYSCEA
For the latest NYSRA advocacy information, check out the ReAD newsletter.